Cluster 1 Health
The Health Cluster covers the following 6 areas:
- Staying healthy in a rapidly changing society
- Living and working in a health-promoting environment
- Tackling diseases and reducing disease burden
- Ensuring access to innovative and high-quality health care
- Unlocking the full potential of new tools, technologies and digital solutions
- Maintaining an innovative, sustainable and globally competitive health industry
AVECTAS received €2m from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme via its SME Instrument.
This support along with that of investors was key to enabling AVECTAS to progress the commercialisation of its SOLUPORE® platform including completing successful preclinical studies.
Irish researchers have secured more than €15 million for clinical trials from Horizon 2020. A range of health challenges are being tackled through these trials such as liver cancer in children, colorectal cancer, diabetic kidney disease, polypharmacy and osteoarthritis.Read More
Five AI projects with Irish coordinators and partners that address topics including -E-smart home assistants, care for cancer patients and attempt to reduce sepsis-related mortality in babies.Read More