‘Health’ is Cluster 1 of the Horizon Europe program and aims to promote and protect human health and well-being, prevent diseases and decrease the burden of diseases and disabilities on people and communities, support the transformation of health care systems in their efforts towards fair access to innovative, sustainable and high quality health care for everyone, and foster an innovative, sustainable and globally competitive European health industry.
Research and innovation actions under this cluster will be key to address the health-related challenges and drivers delivering new knowledge and capabilities, improving our understanding of health and diseases, developing innovative methodological and technological solutions to better manage health and diseases, and designing sustainable approaches for the digital transformation and delivery of integrated, person-centered and equitable health and care services with improved accessibility and health outcomes supported by needs-driven innovation and reliable supply chains in Europe.
Cluster 1 Health will be oriented towards the following six health-related challenges:
- Staying healthy in a rapidly changing society;
- Living and working in a health-promoting environment;
- Tackling diseases and reducing disease burden;
- Ensuring access to sustainable and high-quality health care;
- Unlocking the full potential of new tools, technologies and digital solutions for a healthy society;
- Maintaining a sustainable and globally competitive health-related industry.
These challenges are complex and interdependent. They have been chosen because they address key concerns and provide a clear perspective on what benefits people, patients and populations as well as institutional, social and economic stakeholders can expect from research and innovation interventions supported under this cluster.