- It’s a platform for experimentation and connection, fostering collaboration across thinkers and doers who want to design our future ways of living together.
- It’s a bridge between the world of science and technology and the world of art and culture.
- It’s an invitation to change perspective and to look at our green and digital challenges as opportunities to transform our lives for the better.
- It’s a fresh approach to finding innovative solutions to complex societal problems together through co-creation. The initiative aims to shape our thinking, behaviours, and markets around new ways of living and building, including by influencing public procurement.
The New European Bauhaus will:
- Bring citizens, experts, businesses, and Institutions together and facilitate conversations about making tomorrow’s living spaces more affordable and accessible.
- Mobilise designers, architects, engineers, scientists, students, and creative minds across disciplines to reimagine sustainable living in Europe and beyond.
- Strive to improve the quality of our living experience. It will highlight the value of simplicity, functionality, and circularity of materials without compromising the need for comfort and attractiveness in our daily lives.
- Provide financial support to innovative ideas and products through ad-hoc calls for proposals and through coordinated programs included in the Multi-Annual Financial Framework.
The New European Bauhaus initiative connects the European Green Deal to our living spaces. It calls on all Europeans to imagine and build together a sustainable and inclusive future that is beautiful for our eyes, minds, and souls.
Please note that there will be calls for proposals as shown in the attached, and these will be posted on the NEB website
In particular there will be information days for these calls: on 29 Nov 14.00-17.00pm CET; 1 Dec 14.00-17.00pm ; and 20 Jan 9.30-12.30 (tbc); and these will be posted on the NEB website, under Events
Below please find a presentation on the New European Bauhaus (NEB).