CELTIC-NEXT is the Eureka Cluster labelled for next-generation communications for a secured, trusted, and sustainable digital society. CELTIC-NEXT stimulates and orchestrates international collaborative projects in the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) domain.
CELTIC-NEXT is an industry-driven initiative involving all the major ICT industry players and many SMEs, service providers, and research institutions. The CELTIC-NEXT activities are open to all organisations that share the CELTIC-NEXT vision of an inclusive digital society and are willing to collaborate to their benefit, aligned with their national priorities, to advance the development and uptake of advanced ICT solutions.
New Call for Projects: CELTIC-NEXT’s Bottom-Up Call Spring 2023
FROM 1st of December 2022 to 21st of April 2023
The Eureka Cluster CELTIC-NEXT launches two Calls per year one in Spring and one in Autumn.
CELTIC is pleased to announce its Spring Call 2023; this is a perfect opportunity to enable projects in the field of next generation communications for the digital society that contribute to a sustainable world. We invite you to participate, engage and explore ground breaking opportunities together with the CELTIC-NEXT Cluster.
You can submit your R&D project application between 1st of December 2022 and 21st of December 2023 by visiting here
Click here for detailed information about Participating Countries.
Please contact your national funding agency in advance to your application to understand the national conditions related to your participation. CELTIC-NEXT projects are funded as the assembly of national funding schemes from the countries of the participants of the international consortium. It is also fully independent from European Commission’s programs like Horizon Europe.
CELTIC-NEXT includes a wide scope of ICT topics based on new high-performance communications networks supporting data-rich applications and advanced services, both in the ICT sector and across vertical sectors. We invite you to engage and explore ground breaking opportunities that contribute to a sustainable world. CELTIC is key for initiating ambitious and innovative projects dedicated to end-to-end communications solutions.
The industry driven Cluster CELTIC and its vision has been laid in the CELTIC Scope and Research Areas document to downloaded from the CELTIC-NEXT Research Areas page. Please do not hesitate to study this document. As usual, Proposals that address any of the topics of the CELTIC Strategic Roadmap in this bottom-up call are welcomed, in addition to the roadmap, CELTIC is also looking into Non-Terrestrial-Networks and Terrestrial Networks convergence, Digitalisation of the Economy thanks to ICT technologies, Clean Growth, Remote Health & Care, Advanced Manufacturing, Critical Coms for Emergencies, Open RAN, Private Networks, AI for Massive MIMO, IoT, I-IOT, ICT Technologies for supporting Metaverses, and 6G topics.
If your topic is outside of this roadmap, do not hesitate to apply still as we are open to new fields of RD&I as long as they are related to ICT or using ICT and making stronger requirements on ICT systems and end-to-end services.
Until today, CELTIC has labelled, funded and performed 178 projects in all their research areas with a total volume of more than 1.2 Billion Euro. By facilitating these collaborative R&D projects, the CELTIC cluster has made a great contribution to help Europe to stay at the competitive edge of the communications industry.
Participation is open to companies of all sizes, universities and research organisations.
By participating in the CELTIC Spring Call for projects, you benefit from:
- receiving a Cluster Label,
- access to national R&D funding,
- an international network of companies including key industry players,
- guidance, coaching and monitoring of your project by the CELTIC Office,
- low administrative requirements
CELTIC-NEXT is the Eureka Cluster for next-generation communications for the digital society.
Please get in early contact with: Your public authorities
- The CELTIC Office please, please send an Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Start submission phase: 1st of December 2022
- Call Launch date: 9th of December 2022
- Physical/hybrid Proposers Day: 21st of February 2023
- Online Consortium Building Sessions: tbd
- Submission deadline: 21st of April 2023
- Evaluation of proposals finished: end of May 2023
- Labelling of proposals: June 2023
- Information to proposers: June 2023
Making a CELTIC-NEXT project proposal is easy, full project proposals are expected to be submitted covering new innovative ideas covering the scope of the CELTIC cluster.
- Contact your national funding body and the CELTIC Office and discuss your project idea and eligibility aspects.
- Create an account on the Eureka Clusters Project Portal fill in the Web-forms, and upload your Project Proposal in pdf until the submission deadline.
- Visit the Call information page and here for further information.
CELTIC-NEXT offers several opportunities for meeting potential project partners:
The CELTIC-NEXT Cluster successfully organizes several Proposers Days per year as well as an yearly CELTIC Event to bring together the pitch presenters with the funding bodies as well as successful CELTIC project coordinators that present regularly their impact on the market to the audience. You can also meet at these occasions CELTIC Award winners and learn about the impact of successful projects impact and about successful SMEs born out of our CELTIC projects. At the CELTIC Event you can also get in touch with CELTIC projects through a lively project exhibition.
- Get in contact with the CELTIC Community! Learn about funding in your country and pitch your project idea at the next CELTIC Proposers Day or the yearly CELTIC Event.
- Get in contact with project proposers and find out if your expertise is needed via
- New Project Ideas
- Submit your expertise or new project idea any time via the CELTIC Brokerage tool
Please do not hesitate to get in contact with us and follow us on social media.
The CELTIC Office is happy to support you!